Welcome to the NHS Diabetes Prevention programme
To gain the most from the 9 month programme and reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes we offer two different ways to take part:
Group based sessions
- Our interactive online sessions hosted on Microsoft Teams provides an opportunity to engage with others and gain support from our qualified Coaches to help you in preventing your risk of diabetes. For those that are unable to access the online sessions we also have sessions delivered via telephone.
- the groups will provide you with encouragement and support, meaning you never feel alone on your journey to better health
- Learn from others experiences and hear their top tips
- Coach lead the sessions, offering expert advice and answering any questions you may have.
- Fully supported with our bespoke diabetes prevention app, online learning, 1:1 support and our community Facebook group.
Find out more about the group based sessions here
- Access to a personal coach that you can speak to on a one-to-one basis from wherever you are
- Perfect for anyone who wants flexible and convenient appointments that work around you.
- 9 months of one-to-one support from your own expert health coach via phone calls, video calls, or secure in-app messaging at a day and time that suits you.
- Participants on the digital programme have a 50% lower risk of developing Type 2 diabetes
- 100% of participants are likely/ very likely to recommend the programme
Find out more about the one-to-one digital sessions here.
Once you have chosen your programme preference, the first step of the programme is your telephone initial assessment with one of our health coaches. We do this so we can find out what you want to gain from the programme and how best to achieve your goals. The initial assessment will last up to 45 minutes and cover:
- A programme overview, including understanding your individual needs and motivations
- Recording your health measurement to help you track your progress
- Support you in setting and reviewing your goals
- Signposting to other local services and support if required
You can let us know your programme preference using the form below.