Your guide on how to access your NHS Diabetes Prevention Teams session using a smart phone or tablet
The below steps will help if you are using a smart phone or smart device. smart phones/tablets includes Apple iPhone, iPad, Samsung mobiles and many other mobile devices.
Please note; an internet connection is required to enter your Teams session therefore your Wi-Fi or mobile data will need to be turned on - check with your internet provider if you have any questions around data caps or charges etc.
Before you start the session – you will need to download the Microsoft Teams App.
Get the Microsoft Teams app here
- Click on the link above. You will be taken to the app store.
- Click on ‘Install’ and this will add the Microsoft Teams app to your smart phone/tablet.
- Once it's installed, you will be asked to sign in or sign up, you do not need to do this. When you are ready to join your session, you can join as a guest.
Using your smartphone/tabet open the text message or email that we sent you. This will have your session details and a helpful link which will bring you to your NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme group.
Please make a note of your Service User ID as you will need this for your group session. This can be located at the top of your email confirmation.
Ready to join the session
- Click on the link in your text message or email and this will open Teams
- On the screen you will be asked ‘How would you like to join?’. Click on ‘Join as a Guest’.
- You will be asked to type in your name - please type in your Service User ID and your First Name and Surname Initial.
- You may be prompted to allow Teams to record audio or your microphone. Please allow this.
- You will now be taken into Teams for your Diabetes Prevention Session – Enjoy!
Tip: If you do drop out of the session don’t worry – just click on ‘Rejoin’
For FAQ's and top tips for Microsoft Teams, please click here.