You will receive a confirmation email in the next 72 hours to confirm your registration.
Please see below for our FAQs.
As part of the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, you have the opportunity to join a free digital programme. The digital programme includes 9 months of personalised one-to-one support to help reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes. This programme is for anyone that would enjoy the benefits of one-to-one support from the comfort of their own home, at a time that works for them.
As part of the programme you will receive tailored support and guidance from your personal health coach remotely via a smartphone app, phone calls or video calls. You will have online access to a range of materials, recipes and other resources. Participants find the one-to-one health coach support very motivating and enjoy the convenience of speaking to their coach from the comfort of their own home.
Of those that are offered the digital programme 78% of people sign up to help lower their risk of Type 2 diabetes. After 6 months on the programme, 80% of participants reduced their risk of Type 2 diabetes and lost an average of 4% of their body weight.
You are eligible for the digital stream of the Healthier You programme if you meet the following criteria:
• You have access to the internet (a smartphone is preferable, but not essential)
• You have a personal email address (not shared with a partner or other family member)
• Have been referred by your GP practice in one of our delivery areas
• Aged 18 years and over
• Have glucose levels that are in the pre-diabetic range
• Not pregnant
Your digital Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme is provided by Oviva, an experience provider of this programme. Once you have joined the programme, you will undertake the following phases over the next 9 months:
1) Start – An assessment with a specialist diabetes dietitian to discuss your current health and wellbeing and your personal health goals. The programme will be tailored to you, your goals and how confident you feel in achieving them. You can use our smartphone app to track your progress, speak to your coach and access our online learning resources, which you can start using straightaway. You can also access our learning resources from a tablet, laptop or computer, if you prefer using a larger screen.
2) Change – Once you have agreed your goals with your dietitian, you will work together to create a plan. Following this you will have 6 weeks of support from your personal health coach through phone calls or app messaging to help you create new habits and stay on track.
3) Sustain – The final phase is focused on maintaining your healthy choices for the long term. You will have 7 monthly 30-minute check in calls with your health coach to support you in sustaining your healthier lifestyle. You will still have access to all the online learning tools to help you track your own progress.
All appointments with your health coach will be organised at a time that best suits your schedule.