NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme Teams Session using a laptop or desktop
The below steps will support you if you are using a laptop or desktop computer.
Please note; an internet connection is required to enter your Teams session therefore your Wi-Fi or internet will need to be turned on - check with your internet provider if you have any questions around data caps/charges etc.
To get you started, open the email from us on your laptop or desktop computer. This will have your session details and a helpful link which will bring you to your NHS Diabetes Prevention group.
Please make a note of your Service User ID as you will need this for your group session. This can be located at the top of your email confirmation.
Before you start the session
- Open the email on your laptop/desktop computer and click on the link for your NHS Diabetes Prevention Teams session.
- A new page will open in your browser and you will be given a number of options, select 'Continue in this browser;' or ‘Join on the web instead.
- You are now ready to join the session
- You will be asked to type in your name - please type in your Service user ID and your first name and surname initial. Please be aware that the name you enter will be visible to others in the group.
- In addition you can turn your web camera off/on by using the toggle before entering the group session.
- When you ready click on ‘Join now’. You may be prompted to allow Teams to record audio or your microphone. Please allow this.
- You will now be taken into Teams for your Diabetes Prevention Session – Enjoy!
Tip: If you do drop out of the session don’t worry – just click on ‘Rejoin’
For FAQ's and top tips for Microsoft Teams, please click here.